Obama Work Visa Qualifications
In order to qualify for an Obama Work Visa (“Deferred Action”) you have to meet the following requirements:
- You were under the age of 31 on June 15, 2012, and
- You came to the United States before you turned 16 years old, and
- You have lived in the United States from June 15, 2007 through now, and
- You were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and when you made your request for an Obama Work Visa (Deferred Action), and
- You entered the United States without papers or your legal papers expired before June 15, 2012, and
- You are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and
- You have not been convicted of a felony or have other significant misdemeanor convictions, and
- You are not considered by immigration to be a threat to national security or public safety.
You will need to provide evidence or proof of these things above in order to complete your application. Talk with one of our attorneys about what type of proof or evidence you will need, how you can collect it, and how to turn it in.