Taxotere and Chemotherapy Hair Loss Litigation
If you have suffered permanent hair loss after receiving chemotherapy treatment, you may be eligible for compensation. Studies have shown that Taxotere, a drug commonly used in breast cancer treatment, has caused permanent hair loss in women.
In addition to breast cancer, Taxotere has been used in patients with prostate cancer, gastric cancer, lung cancer, and head or neck cancer. The link between Taxotere and permanent hair loss is concerning, especially given that alternative treatments could have been given if the patient had known about the link.
Call a professional Taxotere Lawsuit attorney in Las Vegas today if you have suffered permanent hair loss after cancer treatment.
Taxotere and Permanent Hair Loss
More than 1.5 million patients have used Taxotere as a cancer treatment. The treatment calls for the drug to be administered every three weeks over the course of an hour. Typically, patients will undergo four cycles of treatment.
A 2009 lawsuit cites a warning letter issued to Taxotere’s manufacturer by the FDA as a result of false or misleading statements about unsubstantiated claims of Taxotere’s superior efficacy. According to the lawsuit, and as early as 2005, Sanofi-Aventis had knowledge based on their own study of Taxotere’s increased risk of permanent baldness. The lawsuit alleges that despite this knowledge warnings of permanent alopecia in Canada and Europe, the drug’s U.S. label contained no mention of permanent hair loss until the label was changed in January 2016.
If you were given Taxotere during treatment and now have permanent hair loss, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact the professionals at Bighorn Law today – we have a team that understands the ins and outs of this complicated lawsuit.
What Damages Can I Seek in a Taxotere Lawsuit?
Anyone who suffered permanent hair loss after treatment was administered using Taxotere may be entitled to damages. The potential damages that can be sought include the following:
- Mental Pain and Suffering – Compensation may be awarded to anyone who suffered physical or mental pain and suffering related to hair loss. This may include declining mental health and loss of enjoyment in life.
- Lost Wages and Future Earnings – Loss of hair could lead to someone being unable to perform their job due to mental health. These damages include money that was already lost in addition to future earning potential.
- Medical Expenses – Losing hair as a result of Taxotere treatment can lead to medical expenses related to seeing mental health professionals.
- Hair Replacement or Alternative – Often, women will try to regrow heir hair or will purchase a wig and other products to make their appearance look closer to what it used to. These expenses may be recovered due to their relation to hair loss with Taxotere treatment.
- Punitive Damages – These type of damages can be sought if there was willfull or malicious misconduct.
Get Help with Taxotere Lawsuit in Las Vegas
If you were given Taxotere during treatment and now have permanent hair loss, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact the professionals at Bighorn Law today – we have a team that understands the ins and outs of this complicated lawsuit. We fight for you. Call today at 702-935-6209.