Baby formula from the brands Enfamil and Similac can cause a severe injury called necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC) in premature infants. NEC is a serious illness that is fatal in up to half of cases.
If your child consumed premature baby formula and developed NEC, your family deserves justice. The attorneys at Bighorn Law can help you hold the manufacturers accountable and recover compensation for your child’s medical expenses, pain and suffering, and more.
Why Choose the Attorneys from Bighorn Law
- Since 2012, our firm has recovered over $150 million for our clients. We will always advocate for your right to maximum compensation.
- Our attorneys have significant experience in product liability litigation and will leverage their skills, resources, and knowledge to secure justice for your family.
- We understand how difficult it can be when your baby is sick. Our firm will handle all matters related to your case so that your family can focus on more important matters.
What Is Necrotizing Enterocolitis?
NEC is a serious intestinal disease that affects premature babies. This condition leads to the death of intestinal tissue, which impacts the organ’s ability to hold waste. As a result, bacteria can pass into the baby’s bloodstream or abdomen and lead to serious illnesses and infections.
Below are some of the most common symptoms of NEC:
- Swelling, redness, or tenderness in the belly
- Difficulty feeding
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Dark or bloody stools
- Lethargy and fatigue
- Low or fluctuating body temperature
- Unstable breathing
- Slowed heart rate
- Low blood pressure
Filing a Premature Baby Formula Lawsuit in Las Vegas, Nevada
If your child develops NEC, it can be devastating. This illness can lead to life-altering injuries and may sadly result in death. While many factors may contribute to NEC, many babies have developed this condition after ingesting potentially toxic cow’s milk-based formulas from manufacturers Abbott Laboratories and Mead Johnson.
These manufacturers failed to warn parents and medical professionals about the risk of NEC. If your premature baby developed this condition after ingesting Enfamil or Similac products, you could file a lawsuit against the manufacturer and seek justice for your child.
Multiple products have been named in these lawsuits, including but not limited to:
- Similac NeoSure
- Similac Alimentum
- Similac Human Milk Fortifier Powder
- Similac Liquid Protein Fortifier
- Similac Special Care 30
- Enfacare Powder
- Enfamil Milk Fortifier Liquid Standard Protein
- Enfamil NeuroPro Enfacare
Why You Need an Attorney for Your Baby Formula Lawsuit
NEC is a serious condition that can have a major impact on an infant and his or her family. In these situations, your family needs all of the support that you can get. Trust an attorney from Bighorn Law to help you seek justice.
Our Las Vegas premature baby formula injury attorneys can help you hold these manufacturers accountable and secure the compensation that your family needs to recover. Our firm will negotiate on your behalf, represent you in the courtroom, and craft a compelling case in your favor so your family can focus on more important matters.
Contact Bighorn Law Today
If your child was diagnosed with NEC after consuming premature baby formula, you may qualify for legal action. The attorneys at Bighorn Law can help you hold the manufacturer accountable and recover the compensation that your child deserves.