Paraquat is a popular herbicide that may increase your risk of Parkinson’s disease. This severe neurological condition can make it difficult to engage in daily activities, go to work, and live independently.
If you or a loved one was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease after exposure to Paraquat, the lawyers at Bighorn Law can help. Our Las Vegas Paraquat attorneys help you hold the herbicide’s manufacturer accountable in a lawsuit and secure the compensation that you need to recover.
Why Choose Bighorn Law for Your Paraquat Lawsuit
- Our attorneys are dedicated to holding large corporations accountable for their dangerous products. We have the skills, experience, and resources to fight for your right to recovery.
- Our firm’s track record speaks for itself. Since 2012, we have secured over $150 million on behalf of our clients and will advocate for your highest possible settlement.
- Our lawyers have won multiple awards recognizing our history of success. In 2020, we were named in the Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys in the United States.
What Is Paraquat?
Paraquat is a toxic chemical used to kill plants like weeds and grass. In the United States, it is a restricted-use product, meaning that people must have a license to purchase and use it. Exposure to a small amount of Paraquat can be dangerous.
Paraquat is sold under multiple brand names, including the following:
- Para-Shot 3.0
- Ortho Paraquat
- Helmquat 3SL
- Cyclone SL 2.0
The Link Between Paraquat and Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease is a condition that affects the nervous system, leading to symptoms like tremors, muscle stiffness, and loss of balance. This progressive disorder does not have a cure, and patients with severe Parkinson’s disease are often bedridden and unable to live alone.
Research shows that Paraquat exposure may significantly increase the risk of Parkinson’s disease. According to the Michael J. Fox Foundation, an advocacy organization for patients with Parkinson’s, studies have established that people who lived in areas where Paraquat was applied had up to a 600% higher chance of being diagnosed with this disease.
Filing a Paraquat Lawsuit in Las Vegas, Nevada
If you were exposed to Paraquat and later developed Parkinson’s disease, you may qualify for legal action. You could file a lawsuit against Paraquat’s manufacturers and recover compensation to help pay for your medical care, long-term accommodations, lost wages, and more.
To secure a settlement in your lawsuit, you and your attorney will need to prove four key facts:
- You were diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.
- Paraquat is defective.
- Paraquat’s defect caused your Parkinson’s disease.
- You were using the product as the manufacturer intended.
Proving a Paraquat lawsuit can be challenging without an attorney on your side. Your Las Vegas Paraquat injury attorney at Bighorn Law can help you gather all relevant evidence, enlist the support of expert witnesses, and craft a compelling case for your right to compensation.
Contact Bighorn Law Today
Paraquat is extremely toxic. If you were diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease after being exposed to this herbicide, the Las Vegas Paraquat attorneys at Bighorn Law can help. Contact us today to discuss your legal options and identify your optimal path to compensation.