If you or someone you love has experienced a brain injury, you are familiar with the pain, frustration, and uncertainty that comes along with that. If the accident or incident that caused your brain injury was due to the negligence of someone else, you could be entitled to compensation. You deserve to be protected by the herd. Contact Bighorn Law to discuss how a Las Vegas burn injury attorney can help you today.
Why Choose Bighorn Law for Your Las Vegas Brain Injury Lawyer?
- Our customer service is unmatched. We provide stellar communication through our online client portal service and our dedicated client meeting areas.
- At Bighorn Law, we are dedicated to our clients and take pride in navigating complicated legal situations and advocating on their behalf. Our aim is to secure positive resolutions for our clients.
- Our words and actions go hand in hand to deliver results for our clients. We are dedicated to helping our clients and will work without ceasing to provide them with the best possible results.
Types of Brain Injuries
There are two ways that brain injuries occur. There are closed and penetrating brain injuries. A description of each is provided below.
Closed Brain Injury
Closed brain injuries occur when the brain injury happens without a break in the skull. Closed brain injuries are often caused by a shaking of the brain within the skull, often with a fast back-and-forth movement. This shaking can cause tearing and bruising of the brain tissue and damage to the blood vessels.
Closed brain injuries can happen in a number of ways. Some of the more common ways are listed below:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Car accidents
- Sports injuries
- Shaken baby syndrome
Penetrating Brain Injury
Penetrating brain injuries occur when the head opens during the injury, meaning there is a break in the skull. These penetrating brain injuries can happen in a variety of ways, including the following:
- Motorcycle accidents
- Vehicle accidents
Brain Injuries, Their Symptom, and Long-Term Effects
A brain injury can range from mild to deadly. Brain injuries can manifest themselves in various ways and demonstrate different long-term effects. Some of these long-term effects are listed below:
- Loss of consciousness
- Vision problems
- Changes in the ability to smell and taste
- Delayed responses in conversation
- Suffering from depression
- Problems with concentration
- Experiencing pressure in the head
- Experiencing brain fog
- Overwhelmed by emotions
- Easily distracted
- Trouble balancing
- Mood swings
- Chronic neck pain
- Ringing ears
While this is a long list, it is not nearly exhaustive. Brain injuries can be difficult to overcome and can sometimes be permanent. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury, depending on the circumstances, you could be entitled to recover compensation for the damages you sustained.
Contact a Las Vegas Burn Injury Lawyer
A Las Vegas brain injury attorney with Bighorn Law can help you determine the best course of action so that you can receive the settlement you deserve. We will advocate for you and will attempt to negotiate a generous settlement on your behalf. We offer free consultations and hope you will call today to schedule an appointment.
We will review your case and help you to determine the maximum benefits you are entitled to, and we will negotiate or litigate to ensure you are awarded a fair settlement.