Experienced Attorneys for Aviation Accidents
Las Vegas has an extremely busy aviation community. McCarren International Airport in Las Vegas is one of the busiest airports in the world. And the surrounding terrain make the entire state of Nevada very popular among aviation enthusiasts of all kinds – from planes to helicopters and other aircraft.
Unfortunately, the extreme amount of air traffic increases the likelihood of airplane and aviation accidents happening in Las Vegas and the surrounding areas. Due to the nature of aviation, an accident can often be devastating, resulting in serious injury or death. If you’ve been involved in an airplane accident in Las Vegas, it’s important to have an attorney involved that understands and has worked with aviation crashes in the past.
Bighorn Law has the experience to get you maximum compensation if you’ve been in an airplane accident.
What Causes Airplanes to Crash?
Airplane accidents can happen for a variety of reasons. And they can occur in the air or on the runway during takeoff or landing – or even when sitting still. Some of the most common causes of aviation accidents include:
- Defective Aircraft/Equipment – An issue with the design of the aircraft can lead to problems during the flight. A defective design can include instruments or the materials used in the aircraft itself.
- Defective Materials – It is possible for the airplane equipment to fatigue sooner than it should if the company cuts corners on the development of materials. The materials themselves may have also been defective, unknown to the airplane manufacturer.
- Equipment Failure – Airplane components are held to a high standard of performance. When a piece of equipment doesn’t meet that standard, it can lead to a serious issue, such as a turbine failing in-flight or many other possible problems.
- Pilot Error – The human element is often to blame for airplane accidents. If the pilot fails to follow one of the operational and safety rules when flying the aircraft, it can lead to other problems that cause the plane to crash. Pilot fatigue and inexperience can also be factors in accidents that have pilot failure as a cause.
- Communication Errors – The pilot communicates with a control tower on the ground while flying an aircraft. During takeoff, flight, or landing there could be a communication mistake or misunderstanding that leads to an accident.
- Maintenance Negligence – The FAA requires complete records to be kept in logbooks for an every aircraft. If routine maintenance is missed, it can lead to an equipment failure, as the piece of equipment might be asked to perform past its expected standard of performance.
- Repair Negligence – Like every other mechanical vehicle, aircraft may need repair of broken or faulty equipment. Failure to repair something that has a known issue or recall can lead to an airplane crash.
It’s extremely important for an attorney handling your aviation accident case to understand the complexities of FAA regulations and have a deep knowledge of airplane functionality. The Las Vegas airplane accident experts at Bighorn Law understand it all.
Who is at Fault When an Airplane Crashes in Nevada?
Given the severe nature of many airplane crashes, it can be difficult to find out the cause. Often the damage is so severe that it can take months to determine a cause. The National Transportation Safety Board and Federal Aviation Administration are in charge of investigating the cause of airplane accidents.
The investigation of the airplane crash will focus on the pilot, equipment, associated companies and much more. This can include less obvious potential sources such as parts manufacturers, materials suppliers, and individuals in charge of smaller tasks such as fueling the airplane.
Those found liable for the aviation accident can include the owner and operator of the airplane, manufacturer of the airplane, parts suppliers, maintenance staff and suppliers, the pilot, air traffic controllers, and potentially others. Once the cause is determined, a Las Vegas airplane accident attorney can determine what you may be entitled to.
An Experienced Airplane Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
A Las Vegas airplane accident attorney can determine your entitled compensation in terms of pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, loss of loved one, punitive damages, and much more. Digging deep into the accident is key due to the complexity, which is part of the advantage of having an attorney that is experienced with airplane crashes in Las Vegas. A variety of individuals or companies may be found liable for the accident, depending on the investigation.
It’s extremely important for an attorney handling your aviation accident case to understand the complexities of FAA regulations and have a deep knowledge of airplane functionality. The Las Vegas airplance accident professionals at Bighorn Law have a wealth of knowledge in these areas. The team’s experience encompasses more than just traditional aircraft, as the team works with accidents concerning helicopters, gliders, hand-gliders, skydiving and much more.
If you or a loved one have been involved in an aviation incident, give the professionals at Bighorn Law a call at 702-935-6209 to get help today.