Injuries that significantly affect a person’s ability to carry out day-to-day activities are devastating. Unfortunately, these injuries often occur due to the negligent actions of others. At Bighorn Law, we are here to help if you need a Las Vegas catastrophic injury lawyer by your side. If another individual, company, or entity caused you harm, we want to help you recover the compensation you are entitled to. Let us begin working on your case today.
Why Choose Bighorn Law for Your Injury Claim?
- At Bighorn Law, our team has an extensive track record of success in recovering compensation for clients throughout Las Vegas and Nevada.
- We proudly handle catastrophic injury claims in Las Vegas on a contingency fee basis. This means clients will only pay legal fees if we successfully recover the compensation they are entitled to.
- We focus on providing personalized care for every client we assist, which means you will always be able to contact your attorney for questions or concerns about your case.
What Are Catastrophic Injuries?
There are various types of injuries that are considered catastrophic due to the nature of the injury and the effect they have on the individual. Typically, a catastrophic injury is one that results in a person needing lifelong or long-term care and special accommodations. Catastrophic injuries usually result in a permanent disability or leave individuals severely disfigured or scarred. In many cases, catastrophic injury victims are unable to work or at least unable to earn an income at the same level they could pre-injury.
The most common types of catastrophic injuries we help clients with include:
- Spinal cord injuries with paralysis
- Brain damage that affects cognitive or physical abilities
- Amputation of any body part
- Injuries that affect sexual function
- Scars in a visible area
- Internal damage that results in permanent disability or organ failure
Compensation Available for a Las Vegas Catastrophic Injury Claim
Victims of catastrophic injuries in the Las Vegas area will likely be able to recover various types of compensation if the negligence of another caused the injury. At Bighorn Law, we work diligently to recover both “special” and “general” damages on behalf of every client that we assist.
Special damages are also referred to as economic losses, and this refers to the types of expenses a catastrophic injury victim will endure that can be calculated by gathering bills and receipts. Some of the most common special damages include medical bills, long-term in-home care needs, lost wages, property damage expenses, and more.
General damages refer to the types of expenses that are not as easily calculated as the economic losses above. These are also referred to as non-economic losses and can include a catastrophic injury, a victim’s physical and emotional pain and suffering damages, loss of enjoyment of life, and loss of consortium for a spouse or family members.
Call a Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Las Vegas Today
If you or somebody you care about has sustained a catastrophic injury caused by the actions of another in the Las Vegas area, reach out to Bighorn Law as soon as possible. We have a track record of success helping injury victims throughout Nevada recover the compensation they are entitled to. Our team will not hesitate to stand up to insurance carriers and other parties to recover the money that you need today. You can contact our Las Vegas catastrophic injury lawyer for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 702-541-9276.