An Accident Attorney For Vegas Bikers
The freedom of the open road. We understand the pride that Vegas riders have for their bikes – we’re bike-lovers ourselves. That’s why we’re here to help you if something goes wrong. The damage to your bike is bad enough. But if you were injured, you need representation that understands your situation.
Insurance companies often see bikers as being “reckless drivers.” This bias makes it extremely important to know your rights and get a motorcycle attorney on your side right away. We know that experienced riders can do everything right and still be involved in an accident. We’re the solution to your motorcycle accident problems here in Las Vegas.
Going with an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorney
When you are injured in a motorcycle accident, getting the right attorney on your side immediately is vital. The experience of the attorney will determine the compensation that you ultimately receive for your injury.
We have worked with motorcycle accident victims for years, and have a high rate of success in getting people the settlement they deserve. Our experience allows us to find paths to winning a personal injury claim in many different scenarios. You can contact our lawyers today for a no-cost, risk-free evaluation of your case.
At Bighorn Law, we understand Las Vegas bikers because we are Las Vegas bikers. We’ve seen it all and are ready to represent you no matter the circumstance. If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident, Bighorn has your back.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
An impact with a vehicle can mean serious injury to a motorcycle rider. Many injuries are unique to motorcycle riders, and all need to be evaluated properly. Some of the most common are:
- Facial Fractures – Given the lack of a shell around a motorcycle, a facial fracture can be common when the head makes contact with another object.
- Broken Bones – In addition to facial fractures, the momentum of being pitched through the air in an accident can lead to numerous broken bones.
- Internal Bleeding – Even when there is no major external damage, a direct body impact in a motorcycle accident can cause dangerous internal bleeding.
- Whiplash – The force of the head moving in a given direction can cause damaging whiplash, which can affect someone’s ability to move their neck and cause a lot of lasting pain.
- Concussion – Impact to the head from a variety of scenarios can cause a concussion of differing severity, often leading to long-term effects.
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) – A traumatic brain injury can occur when there is severe trauma to the head. This can be a lifelong issue of different levels of severity.
- Burns – Road rash and other burns can occur when someone slides on the pavement or if there is an associated contact with hot surfaces or fire.
- Disfigurement – Impacts from motorcycle accidents can lead to permanent disfigurement due to loss of tissue.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Depending on the nature of the accident, a spinal cord injury can occur which can lead to full paralysis or other debilitating issues.
- Amputations – Unfortunately, some injuries are severe enough where a limb cannot be saved, leading to amputation.
- Nerve Damage – Severe impacts can lead to nerve damage that may never fully be restored or be lost forever.
Long-Term Impact of Motorcycle Injuries
In addition to the obvious short-term pain and suffering that motorcycle accidents can cause, there are many long-term implications. When an accident happens, all of this should be evaluated quickly, and witness statements and evidence should be gathered as much as possible at the scene as well. Getting a Las Vegas motorcycle accident attorney involved early will greatly improve the chances of successful settlement.
Some of the common long-term impacts include:
- Mounting medical bills due to emergency and ongoing care
- Loss of income due to time off of work
- Diminished quality of life due to debilitating injuries
- Chronic pain associated with injuries
- Mental impairment due to serious head injury
- Depression, stress, or other factors related to mounting injuries and financial burden
Common Types of Motorcycle Accidents in Nevada
As stated above, no matter your experience as a rider, an accident can happen. Motorcycles lend themselves to dangerous situations that other motorists may not recognize. Some common accident types in Las Vegas and Nevada that we see include:
- Head-On Collisions – When a motorcycle impacts another vehicle head-on – this is often the most serious of all motorcycle accidents.
- Left-Turn Accident – This is fairly common where another vehicle will hit a motorcycle making a left turn at an intersection.
- Lane-Switching – It is easy for a motorcycle to be in a vehicle’s blind spot which can lead to a collision when there is a lane change.
- Lane-Splitting – Motorcycles may split lanes with vehicles, which leads to an impact. While this is not recommended, it doesn’t mean that no compensation for an injury is possible.
Your Motorcycle Accident Authority in Las Vegas and Nevada
At Bighorn Law, we understand Las Vegas bikers because we are Las Vegas bikers. We’ve seen it all and are ready to represent you no matter the circumstance. The call is no-cost and risk-free, so if you are unsure about your case, there is nothing to lose. Having an attorney involved early on is often the difference for bikers that suffer an injury due to the neglect of others. Call today at 702-935-6209.