Burn injuries can lead to incredible pain and suffering as well as long-term scarring and disfigurement. Anytime a person sustains a burn injury caused by the careless or negligent actions of someone else, they should be able to recover compensation. At Bighorn Law, we are standing by to help if you need a Las Vegas burn injury lawyer by your side. You need compensation, and you need it quickly. Let us offer a free consultation so we can help you determine the best steps forward for your particular situation.
Why Choose Bighorn Law for a Burn Injury Claim?
- At Bighorn Law, we believe in putting clients first. This means that we focus on your claim and keep you up to date about the status of your case at all times.
- Our team has recovered major settlements and jury verdicts for injury claims in Las Vegas and throughout the state of Nevada.
- We handle burn injury claims in Las Vegas on a contingency fee basis, meaning clients never worry about legal fees until after we successfully recover compensation for their losses.
Burn Injury Severity and Recovery
Burns are typically classified based on four degrees:
- First-degree burns. Typically, these burns only affect the outer layer of skin, the epidermis. Most commonly, individuals sustain first-degree burns as a result of staying out in the sun for too long. There is usually no long-term damage associated with this type of burn.
- Second-degree burns. These types of burns usually involve the epidermis and the lower layer of skin called the dermis. This can lead to the burn site looking red and blistered, and it will likely be swollen or painful.
- Third-degree burns. This type of burn is considered a full-thickness burn and destroys the epidermis and dermis. Third-degree burns may go to the subcutaneous level, and the burn site can look blackened or white.
- Fourth-degree burns. Fourth-degree burns are the most severe type of burn that can occur and typically destroy all layers of skin and move into the muscle and bone.
Recovering from burn injuries can be a lengthy process. Individuals often need extended care in a medical setting. Individuals who sustain severe burns are also at a heightened risk of infection throughout the entire time they are recovering.
Types of Compensation Available for a Burn Injury Case
Burn injury victims may be able to recover a wide range of compensation types if the incident was caused by the actions of another individual or entity. At Bighorn Law, our goal is to ensure clients recover both economic and non-economic compensation for their losses. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Coverage of all emergency medical expenses
- Compensation for any surgical treatment or skin grafts
- Physical therapy or rehabilitation expenses
- Coverage of pain medication or medical devices
- Lost wages if a burn injury victim cannot work
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering damages
- Loss of quality of life damages
Call a Las Vegas Burn Injury Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you care about has sustained a burn injury caused by the actions of another individual in the Las Vegas area, the team at Bighorn Law is ready to help. We want to investigate what happened in your particular situation and then work to recover any compensation you may be entitled to. When you need a Las Vegas burn injury lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling (866) 941-5914.